By: CA DCSS Statewide Training Branch
The DCSS Statewide Training Branch (STB) mission is to develop and deliver training for California child support professionals to enhance program performance for the benefit of the children and families we serve. Here’s a little recap from March.
STB’s Training Development & Delivery Unit presented the highly-acclaimed Trainer Skill Building course to 22 local agency trainers March 4th-9th. This four-and-a-half-day course offers participants the opportunity to enhance their training skills using a systematic approach to training design. The curriculum includes adult learning theory, effective teaching methodologies, and individual presentation practice. The course will be offered again October 21st-25th, 2019. Email StatewideTraining@dcss.ca.gov to hold your spot or you may request to be added to our 2020 Trainer Skill Building waitlist.
Child Support Enforcement System (CSE) Release Training was delivered on Wednesday, March 13th. Materials can be found on CA Child Support Central under Training.
Also in March, STB’s Web Based Learning & Support Unit added the following modules to Child Support University (CSU):
• New ECSS Soft Phones to be used as a refresher course or for training new Call Center staff
• NCSEA: Beyond Borders: The Hague Convention & UIFSA 2008
• NCSEA: Modernizing Medical Support
You can look forward to these events and training offerings in April:
• Qualified Witness Training (QWT) April 9th. Class is full but you may request to be added to our wait list by emailing StatewideTraining@dcss.ca.gov
• Training Coordinator Forum Call April 11th
• CSE Release Training April 17th
Check the CSU Training Calendar for these and other trainings offered in April.
Contact us at StatewideTraining@dcss.ca.gov if you have ideas for training or if we can be of service to you! Thank you for all you do on behalf of California’s families.