By: The Statewide Training Branch
The CA DCSS Statewide Training Branch (STB) is proud to announce that a training section will be added to the monthly DCSS Today newsletter beginning in September!
Expect to see:
• Upcoming Training Events – with a link to the Statewide Training Calendar
• Child Support University (CSU), What’s New? – announcing new training modules
• Fun Training Facts
• Feature articles about CA DCSS Statewide Training (get to know us better)
• Feature articles about LCSA training event successes
STB exists to provide programmatic training to internal and external customers in alignment with CA DCSS’s values. We strive to provide professional and high-quality trainings for California’s child support professionals and stakeholders. We meet regularly with our LCSA training coordinator partners to discuss training needs, introduce new topics, brainstorm issues, and talk about upcoming training events.
The Statewide Training Branch consists of two units:
• Training Development & Delivery Unit (TDD) – develops and delivers all instructor-led training, such as: Qualified Witness, Trainer Skill Building, and Child Support Program Overview-CSE for CA DCSS and LCSA new hires. TDD coordinates statewide in-person training events, facilitates the CSE Release Training process (RFCs); develops training curriculum; and responds to DCSS and LCSA training questions.
• Web Based Learning & Support Unit (WBLS) – administers and maintains the CSU electronic learning management system, triaging technical issues and responds to ServiceNow incidents; develops and delivers online training
modules; and supports all webinar training events hosted by CA DCSS.
We hope you enjoy the ongoing monthly articles and look forward to your feedback. Please contact us at StatewideTraining@dcss.ca.gov or contact DeAnne Sandoval at 916-464-5059 (DeAnne.Sandoval@dcss.ca.gov) if you have ideas for future articles.
You may click on the link below to access our CSU training calendar for upcoming events.